You are here: Home Advisory Services University & Child

University & Child

Information on pregnancy, maternity protection, parental leave, parental benefit, Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz
If you have any questions about pregnancy, maternity leave, parental leave and parental benefits, the Human Resources Department and the Staff Council are at your disposal. The Service Center for Student Affairs (SCS) is responsible for students.

Further information can be found on the pages of the ZUV: and on the pages of the Staff Council:

If you have any questions about the WissZeitVg, please contact the Personnel Department.

Information on the compatibility of family and career and on childcare options can be found at the Family Service of the University of Fribourg.

Students please contact


Civil servants can find further information in the restricted area of the intranet:

You can also find information about substitutions during maternity and parental leave on the DFG website:

Further information material:

Guide to maternity leave for universities with regard to female students (only available in German)